Pet Vaccination Clinics
vetco clinic locations, schedule and pricing
Don’t risk losing your dog or cat to a deadly disease. Bring your pet into the Vetco Vaccination Clinics inside your Norfolk VA Petco where we offer a variety of affordable, preventive care services to help ensure the health and well-being of your dog or cat. No appointment is needed, there are no exam fees and we will recommend the type of vaccinations, heartworm, flea and tick prevention suited for your pet’s lifestyle. State-licensed veterinarians administer all dog and cat vaccinations, and we keep a record of your pet’s medical services.
Services we offer include:
Reasons to Vaccinate Your Pets
- Comprehensive vaccine packages or individual vaccines such as; rabies, Bordetella, distemper, parvo, and lepto for dogs and FVRCP and FeLv for cats
- Heartworm testing and medication
- Lyme disease testing and vaccines
- Flea and tick medications
- Kitten and puppy vaccination packages
- Microchip ID placement
- Deworming services
- Convenient evening and weekend hours
Vaccinating your pet is a reliable way to prepare their immune system to prevent the onset of deadly diseases. You can protect your dog or cat from contagious diseases by keeping core and non-core vaccinations current. Even if your pet stays indoors, many infectious diseases are airborne, and just an open window could expose your pet. Also, dog parks, grooming salons and boarding kennels are all areas with potential exposure to diseases. In addition to it being the law in every U.S. state to vaccinate your pet against rabies, other reasons to protect your pets by vaccinating them include:
Where do I go to Vaccinate My Dog or Cat?
- Less expensive than treating the diseases they protect against
- Protects you from diseases by reducing the risk of human infection
- Shields your pets from many highly deadly and contagious airborne diseases
- Routine booster shots provide long-term protection by stabilizing vaccine levels
The best way to manage the health of your pet is to through the professional services of a licensed Veterinarian. A Veterinarian will see that your pet receives the appropriate vaccines for their lifestyle, breed, age and size. Petco provides convenient access to licensed Veterinarians at Vetco Wellness Centers and Vaccination Clinics inside select Petco and Unleashed locations in city.
Why Should I Vaccinate My Pet?
Vaccines given to healthy pets help prevent many illnesses, such as rabies, parvo and distemper. They contain antigens resembling disease-causing organisms to support your pet’s immune system and enable them to fight off an attack. If your pet is exposed to the actual virus, their immune system will be prepared to detect and fight it off entirely or decrease the severity of the disease. Some canine and feline diseases can be transferred to humans, so regular vaccinations also keep members of your family healthy.